Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Marriage Amendment

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/07/D8I3EDT00.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060607/ap_on_go_co/gay_marriage_14

The US Senate rejected an amendment that would have banned all marriages except between a man and a woman, if it had gone through the entire process. The Senate fell short of the needed 60 votes to require an up-or-down vote which would then require 67 votes for passage.

That it fell short of the 67 is not news; few expected passage. That it fell short of the 60 to require the up-or-down vote is not surprising, but it is telling. What can we glean from our elected officials on this vote?

How many of you contacted your Senators on this issue? Even though it was a losing cause, the Sniper contacted Sen. Blanche Lincoln to urge her to vote for the amendment. The contact e-mail contained references to her statement that Arkansas did not need an amendment for same-sex marriage. It went on to remind her that the election on that amendment showed how overwhelmingly out of touch she was with her constituents.

One has to wonder where our current crop of candidates, Democrat and Republican alike, stand on this issue. We know from the last Senate campaign where Jim Holt stands.


Comments:
EJm11n The best blog you have!
 
bWUjLY Good job!
 
Please write anything else!
 
Hello all!
 
Nice Article.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Good job!
 
Hello all!
 
Nice Article.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Nice Article.
 
uuJ3ce write more, thanks.
 
Good job!
 
Hello all!
 
Wonderful blog.
 
Good job!
 
Nice Article.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Thanks to author.
 
Hello all!
 
Thanks to author.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Please write anything else!
 
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.
 
Hello all!
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
C++ should have been called B
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Good job!
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Calvin, we will not have an anatomically correct snowman!
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
 
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
 
Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!
 
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Clap on! , Clap off! clap@#&$NO CARRIER
 
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!
 
Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
 
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
 
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
 
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
 
What is a free gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Nice Article.
 
Magnific!
 
Hello all!
 
Magnific!
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
 
Beam me aboard, Scotty..... Sure. Will a 2x10 do?
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector.
 
C++ should have been called B
 
Thanks to author.
 
Build a watch in 179 easy steps - by C. Forsberg.
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Nice Article.
 
A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
 
Nice Article.
 
When there's a will, I want to be in it.
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
Magnific!
 
Energizer Bunny Arrested! Charged with battery.
 
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
 
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
 
Magnific!
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?