Saturday, October 28, 2006
Just a few passing thoughts on Arkansas politics, national politics and college sports.
- A suspicious substance was found in the offices of former President Bill Clinton. The Former President was not in the vacintity of the office and was in no danger according to reports. Hmmm... Suspicious substance - Clinton? Was Roger in town at that time?
- Mike Beebe's football comparison in reference to the Nick Wilson fiasco is lame. However, if he wants to use sports analogies, then I am sure we can come up with a more fitting analogy. How about this one: Beebe's looking the other way while Wilson stole from the people of Arkansas and then refusing to force him out of the senate in a more timely fashion is akin to a coach tanking the last few games of the season in order to get a better draft choice of an easier schedule the following year.
- I really have to wonder about the polling done n Arkansas. The latest news report in the Southwest Times (Fort Smith) said that that the pollsters asked voters who said they intended to vote in the coming election. This is what they call likely voters? The proper way to determine a likely voter is to look at past voting history. Those that have voted in the past several primaries are all but sure voters. If they have voted in the general election in the past several cycles, then they are likely voters. But, if they just say that they are going to vote, that is no guarantee of actually voting. I sell cars for a living.
- I have customers continually telling me they will be in the next day or week to buy this or that car. Then they never show. By the Arkansas poll definition, those customers are likely buyers. So, I wouldn't trust the Arkansas polls, just the final tally.
- We think we have seen mudslinging in the Arkansas statewide campaigns? Look to Virginia for some real mudslinging. It has everything - allegations of racism, pedophilia, sex, criminal activity, and more.
- Did anyone see Lynne Cheney on CNN? "Wolf Gets Bit" should be the headline news for that. Blitzer should know better than to mess with a short woman; they are dyn-o-mite.
- Can the Hogs make it through the SEC and on to a major bowl? Likely not. Look for at least one more loss, probably to Tennessee. Still, 10 and 2 is tremendous and should be applauded. This coming from a Texas A&M fan. Go Hogs!
- What are the chances of A&M vs. Arkansas in a bowl? If the Aggies can get by Nebraska and a Petersonless Oklahoma, then there may be a chance. Can anyone get me a ticket?
- Watch for the Hogs basketball team to move rapidly up the rankings. Sonny Weems is a very special player with Jordan-like raw talent. If Coach can harness that ability, there is no limit for this team.